Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - TBR Books for Fall 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Ah, autumn.  The season of jeans and sweatshirts and reading a giant pile of books.

There are a few new books coming out that I want to read, but mostly I have a tremendous backlog to dig through.  Seriously.  It's getting worrisome.

So, in no particular order, Wandering Meander's list o' books for Fall 2013!
  
Books not currently on my shelves but about which I am excited:
Yes, I am THIS excited.
1.Finnikin of the Rock (and sequels?) by Melina Marchetta - This series has earned rather positive reviews from the bloggers/reviewers I follow.  I'm game.

2. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
I was rather surprised by the mountains of feelings the first book dredged up and now want to read this one very badly.  I keep hearing "Sturmhund" everywhere I go...looking forward to this.

3. Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
Read a review from another blog and it intrigued me.

4.  Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
Considering how much I LOVED the first book, I'm super-psyched to read this "sequel."  Sci-Fi YA Scarlet Pimpernel?  Yes, please!

5. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
Everything Sanderson writes is terrific.  I can't wait for this one.

Books that have been ignored on my shelves for far too long

6. The Lost Prince (and The Iron Traitor) by Julie Kagawa.
Yes, I know there are two books here.  Nevertheless, somehow The Lost Prince ended up getting bypassed when it was released.  An oversight I need to remedy...

7. The Mermaid's Madness by Jim C. Hines
I really liked the first one - kickass fairy tale princesses! - and the sequel(s) ended up getting shelved "to be read later."  Time to get back on the wagon.

8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I have a feeling that I'm missing out by not having read this.  I must read it before seeing the movie...because it will affect whether or not I want to see the movie at all.

9. The Diviners by Libba Bray
Yet another book that got bypassed instead of read, and for no good reason!  Shame on me.  (And it's the nice hardcover with the GOOD cover art.  Ha!)

10. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
I know it's sort of steampunk, and I just wrote a review about how lackluster steampunk can be, but I want to read this anyway.  Let's see if something awesome can happen.


4 comments:

  1. It looks like you've got some great reading ahead :) I always forget that Melina Marchetta has more than two books out (I'm pretty sure I own Finnikin of the Rock, but have never read it :/)

    Have fun getting through your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm veen wanting to read Finnikin of the Rock for AGES. I really need to get around to it. I love The Diviner's! I mean I'm a huge Libba Bray fan, but this book was AWESOME and I'm really looking forward to the series (although I hate the cover for the second book. I'm just going to put that out there). It's a pretty big book, though, which a lot of people didn't like so much, as well as the ensemble cast, but those are both things that I usually love, so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list. I loved The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melina Marchetta is becoming a favorite of mine (Jellicoe Road!), yes, read Book Thief and The Diviners was excellent! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete